Medical Social Worker--Allen Hospital - In-Patient Units- Days
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Amazing Things are Happening!
Social Work Make It Possible
Medical Social Worker- -Allen Hospital - In-Patient Units- Days
NewYork-Presbyterian Allen Hospital is located on the northern tip of Manhattan, at Broadway and 220th Street. A community hospital and one of the five centers that comprise NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. They serve northern Manhattan, Riverdale and other communities in the Bronx, and provide services in Spanish to our Spanish-speaking patients and their families. We offer leading care in the intimate setting of a community hospital.
With over 75 years of leadership in social work practice, education and research, NewYork-Presbyterian has a long-standing commitment to the highest level of performance. We’re home to more than 300 clinically astute social work professionals who guide patients through the healing process and build stronger, healthier families. Now, you have the opportunity to join us.
As a social worker, you advocate for others, be they young or old. You’ll work with clients from every station in life, and sometimes dire economic backdrops, to ease them through transitions, hardships, and mentally tough times.
You’ll be the person who assists them in finding the proper resources to get the care or supplement they need to sustain a certain quality of life. You may also be the link between people and caregivers in the health and psychology professions. As a social worker, you’ll find reward, take risks, and offer viable options for those who may not be capable—or willing—to help themselves. As a Social Worker at the Allen Hospital you will work in a variety of in-patient units providing discharge planning, psycho-social assessments and support.
Some of your duties as follows:
- Plan, coordinate, manage and implement support packages to help patients/families deal with difficulties and overcome dependencies
- Interview patients/familes and assess their current condition, needs, strengths and weaknesses
- Address each case as a unit and set tailored measurable goals
- Monitor and evaluate patients progress and modify treatment plans accordingly
- Offer information and counseling on the best course of action during sessions
- Maintain accurate records and report on patients status
This position is Monday to Friday 9:00am -5:00pm
This position includes weekend and holiday rotation
- On year of in-patient acute care hospital experience
- Master's Degree in Social Work (MSW)
- New York State License as a Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW)
- If a new graduate Social Worker, Limited Permit (must supply exam date prior to start of employment)
- If a new graduate Social Worker, must have Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW) by the State of New York within 1 year of hire
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.