Social Worker - Kidney Transplant - Weill Cornell - Days
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Social Work Changes Lives:
You Make It Possible
Social Worker -Kidney Transplant - Weill Cornell - Days
Take your career in Social Work to the next level with New York’s #1-ranked hospital (U.S.News & World Report).
At the New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Hospital, talented social workers lead, learn and educate in a department like no other. We collaborate across the full spectrum of key areas, providing life-changing research, education and practice. You can help Make It Possible.
Experience a place where your discipline is an important contributor to the patient experience. In this role, you will provide social work services to Cornell's Kidney Transplant patient population. You will work with a varied patient population across specialized clinical services, utilizing your strong skills in psychosocial assessment, care coordination, supportive counseling, and community resources. You will work closely with our interdisciplinary teams to provide excellent patient service while you educate and prepare patients for Kidney Transplant. Here, you'll guide patients through the medical system while providing disease specific education and enhancing patient outcomes. Here, you will experience all the reasons why you entered such a rewarding field.
There is no set caseload.
This is Monday- Friday position with no weekends or holidays.
- At least one year of inpatient Medical/Surgical experience
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW)
- New York State License as a Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW)
- If a new graduate Social Worker, Limited Permit (must supply exam date prior to start of employment)
- If a new graduate Social Worker, must have Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW) by the State of New York within 1 year of hire
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.