Social Worker - Inpatient and Outpatient Pediatric Cardiac and Cardiac ICU - Days
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Social Work Changes Lives: You Make It Possible
Social Worker - Inpatient and Outpatient Pediatric Cardiac and Cardiac ICU Units - Days
At NewYork-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital, talented social workers lead, learn, and educate in a department like no other. We partner across the full spectrum of key areas, providing life-changing research, education, and practice. You can help Make It Possible:
Social work is a life-changing career journey focused on amazing patient outcomes every step of the way. Each of our social workers dares to be truly excellent –thriving in a compassionate culture of care and caring. Together, we improve the health of patients and their families, making our communities – and the world – stronger.
Experience a place where your discipline is an important contributor to patient experience. In this role, you will provide Social Work services to the various Inpatient and Outpatient Pediatric Cardiac and Cardiac ICU patients and their families. You will conduct psychosocial assessments, interventions and discharge planning for patients from across the world. You will follow your patients from the Outpatient Clinics to the ICU and as they transition to the floor You will also serve as a valuable resource as you communicate with patients, their families, and the highly skilled interdisciplinary team in order to assure excellent outcomes and outstanding patient experience. Here, you’ll experience all the reasons why you entered such a rewarding field.
This is a full time, M-F, 8 or 8:30 - 4 or 4:30 pm work hours.
This position includes weekends and holiday rotations.
- At least one year of inpatient Pediatric experience
- Bi-lingual Spanish
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW)
- New York State License as a Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW)
- If a new graduate Social Worker, Limited Permit (must supply exam date prior to the start of employment)
- If a new graduate Social Worker, must have Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW) by the State of New York within 1 year of hire
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.