Social Worker - In-Patient Palliative Care Weill Cornell - Days
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Social Work Changes Lives:
You Make It Possible
Social Worker Palliative Care Team - Weill Cornell - Days
At NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center, talented social workers lead, learn and educate in a department like no other. We partner across the full spectrum of key areas, providing life-changing research, education and practice. You can help Make It Possible:
Experience a place where your discipline is immensely respected. You'll lead clinical debriefing meetings and work with colleagues in need of support after dramatic or stressful events. Here, you will experience all the reasons why you entered such a rewarding field.
- Provide comprehensive biopsychosocial assessments for patient and families facing chronic and/or life-limiting conditions.
- Establish an appropriate plan of care with the interdisciplinary palliative care team, understands the discharge options and process for disposition planning, and works closely with unit social worker to ensure a safe discharge plan.
- Provide psychosocial support and counseling to palliative care patients through an interdisciplinary palliative care services consult team.
- Utilize crisis intervention, individual/family counseling, family meetings, psychoeducation, and advocacy in navigating our healthcare system to enhance patient/family’s ability to meet acute as well as ongoing medical and psychosocial needs.
- Serve as liaison between palliative care and hospice services to ensure care coordination through the continuum of care and to maintain good relationships with community partners.
- Advocate for interventions that alleviate burden and facilitate coping for patients and families.
- Serve as a resource for patients who need further support for grief and bereavement. Provides palliative care education to social workers, nurses, medical students, residents, and primary teams .
- Palliative Care, Hospice or Oncology
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW)
- New York State License as a Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW)
- If a new graduate Social Worker, Limited Permit (must supply exam date prior to start of employment)
- If a new graduate Social Worker, must have Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW) by the State of New York within 1 year of hire
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.