Social Worker - In-Patient Neurology-Neurosurgery- Weill Cornell- Days
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Amazing Things are Happening Here
Social Worker - In-Patient Neurology/Neursurgery -Weill Cornell- Day Shift
At NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Cornell talented social workers lead, learn, and educate in a department like no other. We partner across the full spectrum of key areas, providing life-changing research, education and practice. You can help Make It Possible:
At NewYork-Presbyterian, Weill Cornell social work is a life-changing career journey focused on amazing patient outcomes every step of the way. Each of our social workers dares to be truly excellent –thriving in a compassionate culture of care and caring. Together, we improve the health of patients and their families, making our communities – and the world – stronger.
Experience a place where your discipline is an important contributor to patient experience. In this role, you will provide social work services within the Neurology/Neurosurgery Units. You will conduct psychosocial assessments,identify appropriateinterventions and discharge planning for patients from across the world. You'll also serve as a valuable resource as you communicate with patients, their families and the highly skilled interdisciplinary team in order to assure excellent outcomes and an outstanding patient experience. Here, you’ll experience all the reasons why you entered such a rewarding field.
This is a full time,9am- 5pm position, which includes weekends and holidays.
- At least one year of inpatient Medical/Surgical experience
- Discharge Planning experience
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW)
- New York State License as a Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW) within one year of hire
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.