Social Worker In-Patient Medicine Float -Weill Cornell - Days
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Social Work Changes Lives:
Social Workers Make It Possible
Social Worker - In-Patient Medicine Float - Weill Cornell - Days
At the New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Hospital, talented social workers lead, learn and educate in a department like no other. We collaborate across the full spectrum of key areas, providing life-changing research, education and practice. You can help Make It Possible.
At NewYork-Presbyterian, social work is a life-changing career journey focused on amazing patient outcomes every step of the way. Each of our social workers dares to be truly excellent –thriving in a compassionate culture of care and caring. Together, we improve the health of patients and their families, making our communities – and the world – stronger
We are seeking a Social Worker as a float for our In-Patient Medical and ED units. Ideally be familiar with handling patients that need Psych placement. Experience a place where Social Worker are respected. Utilize your inpatient experience to provide a variety of psychosocial services, coordinate discharge planning and continuum of care for patients and families from across the world. Assist them in enhancing their capabilities of coping with illness and daily functioning. Here, you will experience all the reasons why you entered such a rewarding field.
This is a day shift, Monday - Friday position with rotating weekend/holiday coverage.
- At least three years of hospital experience ideally with psych experience
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW)
- New York State License as a Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW)
- If a new graduate Social Worker, Limited Permit (must supply exam date prior to start of employment)
- If a new graduate Social Worker, must have Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW) by the State of New York within 1 year of hire
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.