Social Worker- Child Advocacy Center - Bi-Lingual Spanish
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day Flex (United States of America)
Social Worker - Child Advocacy Center - Bi-lingual Spanish
Ensuring the Safety of Children: Social Workers Make it Possible
Pursue your Social Work career with New York's #1-ranked hospital, as part of the Ambulatory Care Network of NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. As part of the Child Advocacy Center (CAC) you will be part of one of the top hospital-based child abuse programs in New York City. We are committed to the health and safety of the people in our communities, including those affected by child abuse. The CAC is a multidisciplinary team made up of trained specialists (3 child abuse pediatricians, social workers, etc.) who provide and coordinate care in child abuse situations. The children and families are provided with all of our professional services in one calming, child-friendly location, with the goal of minimizing further trauma throughout the investigation and treatment process. Now, you can join us in Making it Possible.
Social Work is a life-changing career journey focused on amazing patient outcomes every step of the way. Each of our Social Workers dates to be truly excellent - thriving in a compassionate culture of care and caring. Together, we improve the health of patients and their families, making our communities - and the world - stronger.
In this role, you will be part of a team responsible for investigating referred cases of child abuse. Conduct child interviews with patients to assess whether abuse occurred and provide resources to help address the needs of patients and their families. Provide crisis intervention services when needed. Maintain case data and statistics. Follow up on cases through ongoing communication with external entities such as Special Victims Unit/law enforcement; Administration for Children’s Services/CPS, District Attorney’s Office and other child welfare/abuse prevention organizations. Work collaboratively with the team to evaluate practices at the Center and lead performance improvement initiatives.
- Previous experience with Child Protective Services, Foster Care, Child Welfare Organizations
- Knowledge of child protection system, Child Advocacy Centers, Prevention
- Fluent in Spanish
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW)
- New York State License as a Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW)
- If a new graduate Social Worker, Limited Permit (must supply exam date prior to start of employment)
- If a new graduate Social Worker, must have Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW) by the State of New York within 1 year of hire
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.