Social Worker Behavioral Health Care Manager – Care Transitions- Bi-Lingual Spanish - Columbia
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Where Amazing Happens
Social Workers make it happen
Social Worker - Behavioral Health Care Manager – Care Transitions- Bi-Lingual Spanish -Columbia
At NewYork-Presbyterian, social work is a life-changing career journey focused on amazing patient outcomes every step of the way. Each of our social workers dares to be truly excellent –thriving in a compassionate culture of care and caring. Together, we improve the health of patients and their families, making our communities – and the world – stronger
The BEHAVIORAL HEALTH CARE MANAGER is a talented social worker who provides intensive care management for patients who have serious Psychiatric disorders, chronic medical conditions, and social determinants of health. The individual will be part of the Transitions of Care team within the Division of Community and Population Health (DSRIP), working to support high-risk patients transition from hospital to community. This individual will manage a case load of patients over time, link patients to NYP and community and mental health resources, and provide self-management support to improve health outcomes.
The Behavioral Health Care Manager will engage with patients both telephonically and face to face by making home and community visits, accompanying patients to appointments as needed, as well as coordinating extensively with the interdisciplinary care team. He or she will visit patients in the community within Manhattan, the Bronx, and other Boroughs as appropriate. Utilize your psychosocial expertise to serve each patient’s unique needs, while ensuring quality and continuity of care.
Experience a place where Social Workers are respected. Utilize your experience to provide a variety of psycho social services, participate in discharge planning and continuum of care for patients and families from across the world. Assist them in enhancing their capabilities of coping with illness and daily functioning. Here, you will experience all the reasons why you entered such a rewarding field.
This is a day shift, Monday - Friday position
- Bi-Lingual Spanish
- At least two years of community based Behavioral Health experience
- Experience with long term case planning and developing care plans
- Experience working with patients via home and community visits
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW)
- New York State License as a Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW)
- If a new graduate Social Worker, Limited Permit (must supply exam date prior to start of employment)
- If a new graduate Social Worker, must have Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW) by the State of New York within 1 year of hire
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.