Social Media Associate - Oncology & Cardiology Service Lines
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Social Media that Impacts the Big Picture
Social Media Associate—Oncology & Cardiology Service Lines
Step into New York’s #1-ranked hospital, and experience a career that builds on our reputation as a world-class organization. Across ten nationally renowned campuses, your leadership will be essential to the success of numerous media initiatives that help maximize our visibility and enhance our relationship with the public. From our new digital newsroom to many other exciting projects, you have the unique opportunity to bring our achievements to the forefront, while reminding us every day of our mission: Putting Patients First. Find out how you can Make It Possible.
The Social Media Associate will play an instrumental role in communicating the vision and values of the organization, along with the organization’s ongoing success and reputation locally and nationally. They will implement, coordinate, track and develop social media activities by working with teams across the system including Media, Editorial, Marketing, Internal Communications, as well as hospital departments to support strategic service lines and online activities. The successful candidate will be part of a high-performance, process-oriented and outcomes-driven team. Reporting to the Director of Social Media, the Social Media Associate will work collaboratively to develop and implement communications strategies that broaden the impact of NewYork Presbyterian Hospital.
Essential Job Duties
- Responsible for assigned Service Line (Oncology, Digestive & Cardiovascular) social media strategy, reporting, events etc.; Partner with External Affairs team members on overall integrated strategy for priority Service Lines as designated by Leadership
- Develops social content and messages about the hospital and staff which will include links, videos, graphics and images
- Manages editorial calendar for each social media channel including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to incorporate social media into key organizational initiatives and events
- Responsible for analytics and reporting on all social media initiatives
- Analyzes and reports on social growth and campaign effectiveness; translates findings into concrete recommendations for optimizing future campaigns and stories
- Stays up to date on social media trends for best practices; Identifies opportunities and makes recommendations for the hospital
- Serve as on-call representative on a regular basis to manage the 24/7 social media operation by actively monitoring communications across all platforms
- Tracks, monitors and responds to social media conversations to enhance patient experience
- Assist with crisis communications, monitoring and reporting for Senior Leadership
- Performs special projects and duties as assigned.
- Excellent photography and videography skills
- Experience with Sprinkler
- General knowledge of Oncology and Cardiovascular services and terminology
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- At least 3 to 5 years of related experience
- Excellent writing skills
- Proficiency with using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, as well as comprehensive understanding of the social media landscape.
- Strong writing skills and proficiency in Adobe programs specifically Photoshop & Premiere
- Has the ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Great communications skills and ability to be a team player
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.