LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Rotating (United States of America)
Cover Sergeant: Shift includes both 3pm-11pm and 11pm-7am
At NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, sergeants do more than supervise Security Officers in campuses —they take part in amazing stories.
Sergeant provides supervision of the security officers on a day-to-day basis. This position covers all tours (i.e. days, evenings and nights)
- Bachelor’s degree, military experience, or 2 years of collegiate courses in criminal justice or related field.
- Driver's License.
- NYCFD Certificate of fitness as Fire Safety Director.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 3 to 5 years of related experience required.
- NYS Security Guard License.
- Knowledge of computers.
- Knowledge of Fire Safety.
- Basic supervisory skills.
- Basic training skills.
- Completion of Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification required within 90 days of starting in role.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.