Senior Speech-Language Pathologist-Full Time
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Life-Changing Speech Therapy:
Speech-Language Pathologists Make It Possible
SeniorSpeech-Language Pathologist-Full time
At New York-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center, our Speech-Language Pathologists help patients with serious impairments connect with the world around them. Our tremendous team provides the expertise patients need to flourish in the areas of dysphagia and communication. We are always looking for better ways to accomplish this goal. We are looking for a new team member to become one of the people who Make It Possible.
Become a member of our large, dynamic and supportive Speech Language Pathology Department. Work as part of a multidisciplinary team. Evaluate and treat medically complex patients with communication and swallowing disorders on an inpatient and outpatient basis. Be exposed to the highest acuity conditions while caring for the swallowing and communication needs of critically ill patients in the ICU and medically complex patients on our acute care floors. Ideal candidates will have experience evaluating and treating Head & Neck cancer patients including placing and managing TEPs. Experience with trach/vent population, ICU competency and interest in voice are highly preferred. Competency performing Modified Barium Swallow Studies and/or Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluations of Swallowing is required.
Help us continue to live up to our reputation as New York’s #1 hospital.
This is a full-time position working Sunday through Thursday.
- Experience with dysphagia management in the head & neck cancer population
- Experience with total laryngectomy and TEP management
- Experience with objective assessment of swallowing - MBSS and/or FEES
- Experience in inpatient and outpatient environments
- Experience with complex/critically-ill patient cases (trach/vent, ICU-level, etc.)
- 3-5 years experience as a Speech Language Pathologist
- Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology
- Certification by the American Speech and Hearing Association
- New York State licensure
- Specialized training in dysphagia and/or FEES procedures and rehabilitation
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification required
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.