Senior Media Technician
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Come joint our fast pace environment where you will contribute to making New-York Presbyterian one of the best healthcare providers in the nation. Work alongside other skilled professionals all with the common goal of putting our patients first. Be part of a communication team that is essential to the mission of our institution.
Responsible for the day to day media requests including video and photography at numerous hospital and partner locations. Provides on-site meeting support and other technical services as directed.
Essential Job Duties
- Operates multimedia technology to accomplish business communication objectives effectively.
- Performs video and camera operation.
- Sets up video and two-way audio from operating rooms for training seminars in-house.
- Responds to emergency calls from clients and provides on-site troubleshooting.
- Informs Media Service Directors, Administrators and engineering personnel of technology needs and potential problem situations.
- Collaborates with IT to coordinate recording & transmission requirements.
- Video record special events and educational seminars when required.
- Directs and switches multiple camera shoots.
- Ability to edit using Adobe Premiere.
- Provides excellent customer service to all members of the NYPH community so as to maintain and improve user satisfaction.
- Other duties as needed by the departments and defined by the supervisors.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of the following equipment and test equipment: LED/LCD Video projectors, VTC Codecs, Audio Amplifiers, switchers and routers, computer interfaces and scan converters
- Preferred candidate will have hands on experience with a broad range of AV media equipment in a hospital environment
- B.A. in a media related field or Client service experience can be substituted for education
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience producing and directing programs in a high end media service
- Ability to work with broadcast video equipment
- Experience with Mac and PC computers.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the hospital
- Excellent customer service skills and a high degree of integrity
- Flexible availability for early mornings, evening and weekend assignments as per clients requests.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.