Senior IT Auditor - Internal Audit & Compliance
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Minimizing Risks, Maximizing Performance: Auditors Make It Possible
Senior Information Technology (IT) Auditor - Internal Audit & Compliance
Step into the high-performance world of NewYork-Presbyterian, and feel the unmatched fulﬁllment of driving operational excellence for New York’s #1-ranked hospital (U.S.News & World Report).
Within our Internal Audit Department, results-driven professionals work as a tight-knit team to evaluate and contribute to the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes throughout our organization. By identifying procedural issues and offering recommendations to key decision-makers, our auditors help minimize risks and maximize patient care performance. Now, you can help make it possible.
Become part of our growing audit team in today’s highly regulated health care environment where the role of Internal Audit is key. As part of the Internal Audit team you will be learning about NYP’s exciting clinical, ﬁnancial and IT processes, and using your audit and IT knowledge and experience to help improve those processes and the hospital’s patient experience. As a Senior IT auditor, under the guidance of the IT Audit Manager, you will be leading and collaborating with the team in planning, developing, implementing and executing technology infrastructure, application and integrated risk-based audits that allow us to identify root causes of issues and inefﬁciencies. You will also prepare audit reports that summarize observations and highlight their risk to the organization, as well as collaborate with Management to develop plans of corrections.
NYP offers excellent career opportunities that will help you expand your knowledge of the ﬁeld, and allow you to advance your career throughout our organization, including areas outside of auditing. Make an impact on our hospital’s continued success, while enjoying excellent work-life balance.
This position will be based at our corporate ofﬁces in midtown Manhattan with occasional travel to Hospital locations across New York.
- Active CISA (Certiﬁed Information Systems Auditor) or CISSP (Certiﬁed Information Systems Security Professional) certiﬁcations are strongly preferred
- Understands technology risks and controls
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and succinctly in writing and orally with executives and non-executives and with people with various levels of technical knowledge
- Effective negotiation, inﬂuencing skills and ability to build professional relationships with clients
- Analytical, detail-oriented and great team players
- Project management experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer information systems, computer science, computer engineering or other relevant ﬁeld
- Minimum of 4 years of Information Technology and/or internal IT auditing experience in large healthcare, ﬁnancial services, and/or public accounting organizations
- A solid technical background in one or more of the following areas: Information Security and Cybersecurity, IT Operations, SDLC, Operating Systems (UNIX and Windows), Cloud Computing, applications security
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.