Senior Engineer - Video Systems
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Information Technology – Impacting Lives
Senior Engineer – Video System
Join the Information Technology team at New York’s #1-ranked hospital.
This is your opportunity to provide world class technology solutions that will directly impact the quality of a patient’s life. At New York Presbyterian Hospital Information Technology is at the forefront of our patient experience. Joining our team will give you the opportunity to develop your career while creating solutions and services that will improve the welfare of others. If growing your career in technology while creating solutions that improve the lives of others inspires you, then a career at New York Presbyterian Hospital awaits you.
The Senior Engineer Video System has technical/engineering responsibility for all aspects of New York Presbyterian's video network architecture and design. In this role you will set the standards and technical direction for the architecture of the data network infrastructure. You will works in a multi campus environment that requires experience and expertise with both LAN and WAN network technologies. Understanding the challenges in terms of capacity planning, resiliency, and security is an important aspect of this role.
As the Senior Engineer you will also proposes new solutions, including identifying new technologies, designing techniques, protocols that are of interest to NYPH and creating proposals for their use. In additional responsibilities include generating documentation in the form of project plans, network designs, topology diagrams, IP address, DNS, SIP, H.323 configuration files, case notes, tech tips and best practices. You will work on complex problems requiring in depth fault analysis and troubleshooting skills, as well as facilitate engineering and architecture meetings with all necessary levels of staff and sometimes inter departmental resources.
This day shift position will be based at the NYP/Columbia Campus and will require weekend hours.
- Cisco experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Five – seven years of relevant experience
- Expertise with advanced TCP/IP networking concepts, Specific experience supporting and troubleshooting firewall/security,IP routing, DNS, DHCP, NAT, VPN
- Authentication protocols(including RADIUS and LDAP),and Network Management Systems (EMS/NMS)
- Experience and mastery of BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, STP, TCP, UDP, Ethernet, Inter- and Intra-domain Multicast
- Experience with Cisco and HP networking products
- Solid experience with packet tracing/sniffing tools
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.