Senior Analyst Operations NYP Healthcare System
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Develops and implements strategic intra-and inter-departmental interventions to support the growth of services and mission of the Physician Services Organization (PSO) and Healthcare System. Provides staff support to the Vice President/Senior Vice President in the management of the areas of responsibility. May represent Administration at selected committee meetings, work groups, task forces, and external venues.
Will travel to Medical Group locations- NYP Hudson Valley, Westchester (Lawrence) Brooklyn and Queens.
Essential Job Duties
- Analyzes critical operational, regulatory, coding, reimbursement and quality of care challenges. Works closely with PSO and Medical Group administrators to identify areas of need and opportunities for improvement. Develops and implements proactive systems to analyze departmental variances. Develops innovative tools and interventions to eliminate variances and improve performance.
- Implements programs through effective communication and coordination with executives, physician leadership, administrators and departmental heads.
- Reviews and updates the budget for all assigned departments. Develops processes that will ensure that the departments are in compliance with the budget. May recommend corrective actions that will enhance budgetary compliance.
- Develops reports for PSO and Medical Group administrators to ensure compliance with various regulatory agencies.
- Prepares, analyzes and develops survey reports, cost reports, and other accounting reports as requested. Assists with the development and preparation of profit and loss analyses. Responsible for analytics for various reports and makes recommendations based on outcomes and findings.
- Analyzes, interprets and summarizes data in order to facilitate decision-making for stakeholders; communicates findings of analyses and insights verbally, visually and in writing to internal and external stakeholders.
- Develops standardized approaches for operational issues, reporting and analysis measures. Reviews key measures on a regular basis and develops new measures as needed. Develops expertise in querying system for data and reports.
- Participates in the development and analysis of business plans for new programs and capital expediters. Assists in the identification of areas of revenue enhancement and cost containment for the PSO and Healthcare System.
- Supports department activities to ensure efficient and effective daily operations. Provides administrative support to PSO and Medical Group administrators for operational and financial activities.
- Develops performance improvement initiatives. Implements and tracks outcomes of these programs. Assists in the implementation of performance improvement initiatives and other approved recommendations.
- Communicates metrics to clinicians, college departments, service lines, and other external constituencies. Assists these groups in interpreting data and recommending process improvements.
- Coordinates activities of PSO Operations Analysts.
Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
Work Experience/Skills Required
- 5- 7 years of healthcare administration/revenue cycle management experience required;
- Ability to prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures;
- Extensive knowledge of HIPAA Standards and Policies;
- Develop, implement and audit policies and procedures for all areas of the professional services revenue cycle
- Ability to develop training curriculum and conduct training sessions;
- Desire and commitment to delight internal customers.
- Strong leader, team builder, and well-honed influencing skills; confident and articulate;
- Solid business acumen and an interest in understanding the business.
- Working knowledge of full scope revenue cycle management; Patient registration, billing, payment posting, denial tracking/resolution and Accounts Receivable
- Extensive experience with implementing and maintaining billing systems;
- Requires outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Masters Degree
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.