Senior Analyst Medical Data - Inpatient Coder
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Weekends (United States of America)
World-Class Clinical Coding
More than a job, we're offering the ultimate opportunity for clinical coding professionals.
Senior Medical Data Analyst
In the role, the Senior Medical Data Analyst perform varied and complex diagnostic and procedural coding for patient records and optimizing of DRG assignment. You will prepare physician Diagnosis and Procedure Summary Reports for inclusion in the medical record. You’ll be responsible for assuring inclusion of all appropriate patient-related documents to support code assignment and communicate with physicians as appropriate to clarify documentation as related to DRG or coding assignment. You will be responsible for reviewing and analyzing the medical record to accurately assign the responsible Attending Physician and Clinical Service in accordance with established guidelines. You will prepare abstract information in accordance with mandated hospital, state, and federal registry programs.
This is a full time day, Wednesday - Sunday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, position. This position will be located at a Midtown Manhattan Corporate Center.
- CCS or ART
- College level courses in anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology
- 3-5 years medical record experience, preferably in an acute care, computerized environment; 2 -3 years demonstrated coding experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of ICD-10CM, CPT4, HCPCS, and applicable DRG grouper coding schemes
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with clinical information systems for accessing health information in an electronic environment
- Ability to distinguish colors to identify medical numbers
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
- Discover why at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
It all begins with you. Our amazing compensation packages start with competitive base pay and include recognition for your experience, education, and licensure. Then we add our amazing benefits, countless opportunities for personal and professional growth and a dynamic environment that embraces every person. Join our team and discover where amazing works.