LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Drive environmental health and safety of the highest caliber
Safety Specialists Make It Possible
Safety Specialist – Days
As New York’s #1-ranked hospital (U.S.News & World Report), NewYork-Presbyterian strives to lead in all aspects of our operations, including environmental stewardship. We recognize the intrinsic relationship between sustainable practices and ecological health, which is why we have developed an environmental sustainability program called NYPgreen.
Support NewYork-Presbyterian’s Environmental Health and Safety initiatives aimed at creating the safest and healthiest environment possible for patients, staff and the community. Join our team and take this opportunity to help drive our continued success.
Safety Specialist - Environmental Health and Safety
Support general safety programs including indoor air quality, chemical hygiene, hazard communication, personal protective equipment and blood-borne pathogens. Assist with hazardous waste management and disposal to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations. Provide safety-related training to staff. Perform environmental and occupational health and safety audits, and recommend solutions/improvements for identified issues. As part of our fast-paced, tight-knit team, you’ll have access to a career ladder and exposure to senior leadership. Join us, and build a solid foundation for your future in this field with one of the nation’s best hospitals.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Public Health, Engineering, Industrial Hygiene or Science
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of industrial hygiene, environmental and occupational policies/principles, and regulatory requirements
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2018 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.