Registered Respiratory Therapist - Full Time - Nights
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Night Flex (United States of America)
Breakthrough Patient Care:
Respiratory Therapists Make It Possible
Registered Respiratory Therapist - Fulltime - Nights
Join NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital at the forefront of respiratory therapy. We were one of the first hospitals to implement a nitric oxide program. We’re renowned for our breakthrough work with oscillating and jet ventilators. And we continue to utilize advanced techniques that improve care quality and shorten length of stays. Bold innovation. Unmatched patient care. Our respiratory therapists are shaping the future of the field. And now, you can become one of the people who Make It Possible:
Under the direction of a licensed physician, the Respiratory Therapist will perform various treatments, therapies, invasive and non-invasive procedures. The Registered Respiratory Therapist will clinically supervise and monitor clinical activities of Respiratory Technicians as described within the licensure law. Respiratory Therapists assist in transportation of incubated patients with the special emphasis in maintaining airways and providing adequate ventilation and oxygenation. Assess modalities of respiratory therapy, recommend changes - including improvements appropriate to the delivery of respiratory care.
This is full time, 7:00PM - 8:00AM night shift position located at NYP/Columbia University Medical Center.
- 1-2 years of hospital based experience
- Pediatric experience
- Preferred candidates will have RRT and CRT certification from the National Board for Respiratory Care
- Associate’s degree in Applied Science and Respiratory Therapy
- Current New York State Respiratory Therapist License
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification (BCLS
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.