Recreational Therapist -Bachelors
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Renowned Rehabilitation Care:Recreation Therapist Make It Possible
As New York’s #1-ranked hospital (U.S.News & World Report), NewYork-Presbyterian is dedicated to the highest level of rehabilitation care. Our many world-class services help patients achieve functional independence so they can effectively integrate with the community. This requires the support of professionals from many different healthcare disciplines and specialties, including recreation therapy. Find out how you can become one of the people who Make It Possible:
This position will primarily be focused on psychiatric patients at our Columbia location. Take the opportunity to conduct goal directed individual and group interventions based on the assessed needs of the patients. Collaborate with various disciplines to positively enhance our Recreation Therapy services.
In this position, you will work 10:00am - 6:00pm, Sunday- Thursday with flexibility based on patient/unit needs.
- Experience working in a hospital setting
- Experience working with psychiatric patients
- Experience working in rehab or long term care
- Bachelor’s Degree in Therapeutic Recreation
- National Council on Therapeutic Recreation Certification (NCTRC) within one year of hire
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.