Pulmonary Function Technician - Pediatric Clinic Outpatient Respiratory Care - Weekdays - Day Shift
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Breakthrough Patient Care:
Bring your passion and professionalism to the Pediatric Pulmonary Function Testing Laboratory where we offer the latest technologies and equipment to put our patients first. Perform a variety of pulmonary function tests including, spirometry, lung volumes, diffusion capacity, airway resistance, thoracic gas volume, respiratory muscle strength testing on patients ages 0 - 17.Oversee routine exercise studies such as O2 titration and 6 minute walk, resting energy expenditure, and assist with non-invasive outpatient procedures. Ensure equipment is prepared for use by selecting, assembling, and verifying functionality and cleanliness. Collect and evaluate clinical data, while performing and evaluating quality control data. Hold our practices to the highest standards. In addition to your clinical skills, your ability to interact with children and their families is key.
- Previous Pediatric experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Associate’s Degree in Respiratory Therapy
- Basic Cardiac Life Support certification
- Licensed as a Respiratory Therapist by The University of the State of New York
- 1 year experience in spirometry testing, lung volume testing, diffusion capacity testing and arterial blood sampling and analysis
- Must be able to work well with patients, physicians and other clinicians. Must be able to work independently at a high level of intensity
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.