Psychologist - Special Needs Clinic - Full-time
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Mental Health Care Saves Lives: Reduce the Stigman
The Special Needs Clinic at New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center offers a comprehensive mental health program for children and families whose lives have been affected by chronic medical illness. Children and adolescents with chronic medical illness are treated in the clinic along with their family members or partners. Children with chronic medical illness can have complex neuropsychiatric/behavioral/learning problems which require careful diagnosis and treatment. The program has developed an intensive, family-based approach to treatment for the complex medical and psychosocial needs of these children and their families. In addition, clinicians utilize empirically supported psychotherapies to address problems of mood and anxiety that occur in the context of chronic medical illnesses.
Psychologist - Special Needs Clinic - Full-time, Weekdays
Responsibilities include individual, family, and group psychotherapy; psychological testing; and supervision of psychology trainees. Take this opportunity to work with a dynamic multi-disciplinary team of clinicians delivering expert care for diverse patient population.
The work schedule is 11:00 AM - 7:00 PM, weekdays
- Experience with chronic medical conditions
- Bilingual Spanish
- Training in empirically supported psychotherapies such as cognitive behavior therapy for mood and anxiety disorders
- PhD, EdD, or PsyD in Psychology
- Application of New York State License or Limited Permit in Psychology upon hire is required. Limited Permit holders must obtain NYS license within 18 months of hire.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.