Project Manager-Westchester County
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day Flex (United States of America)
Feel the Pride!
Project Manager-Territory-Westchester County region.
NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Groups (NYPMG) are part of the physician enterprise of NewYork-Presbyterian, one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic health care delivery systems affiliated with two world-renowned medical schools. Through primary care and multispecialty medical practices, the physicians and other health care professionals of NYPMG, in collaboration with ColumbiaDoctors and Weill Cornell Physicians, provide families with high quality, patient-centered care close to home in the New York metropolitan area.
Travel within NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group locations including; Westchester, Putnam, Bronx and other locations as needed.
Responsible for coordinating all project activities. This role will drive the execution of the full life cycle of projects including scope definition, planning, analysis, measurement, and communication. .
- Develops project charters to effectively describe the problem statement, the business purpose, the scope of the project, the timeline for deliverables, the metrics that will be used to measure success, and assigning team members.
- Leads meetings of project workgroups, including facilitating discussion around project deliverables, identifying action items and assigning to team members for follow up and completion, identification of threats and opportunities, and obtaining additional resources as needed.
- Develops monitoring tools to measure success/failure of various project initiatives, identifying root causes and taking corrective action as needed to ensure projects achieve stated goals.
- Coordinating the creation of presentations for report outs, including leading the creation of relevant visual presentation materials, and preparing written narrative as needed.
- Responsible for end-to-end project management (from concept to delivery) driving the successful completion and implementation of complex projects, solutions and other related deliverables.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities, managing implementation teams and developing strong working relationships with internal business partners to ensure successful project execution.
- Engages and advises senior leadership and management throughout the project lifecycle and maintains highest standards of customer service throughout the project, communicating high-level project status, obtaining critical decisions and guidance, and ensuring continuous organizational commitment.
- Partners with divisional leadership during the strategic goal setting process, recommending projects that are likely to support achievement of divisional goals during the reporting period.
- Conducts Post Implementation Reviews and Gap Analysis to ensure plan objectives were met, document successes and areas for improvement, and provide recommendations to be carried forward for future projects
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert for team in introduction of process implements to enhance output and service and eliminate workflow inefficiencies.
- Drives continuous improvement of the methodology and supporting procedures to strengthen project execution and risk management.
Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree
- Six-Sigma / Lean
- 1-2 years of experience in healthcare industry, preferably clinical setting
- 7-10 years of project management or related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.