Project Leader – Orthopedic and Neurosciences Service Lines - Columbia Campus
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Project Leader – Orthopedic and Neurosciences Service Lines
NewYork-Presbyterian is one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic health care delivery systems, dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients in the New York metropolitan area and throughout the globe.
As Project Leader for the orthopedic and neurosciences service lines you will work with two service line directors to support our clinical teams through program growth and care model transformation. The scope of the role is such that you will have the opportunity to interact regularly with leadership, administrators and clinicians across the 10-campus enterprise.
In this role, you will:
- Help grow, standardize, and transform the care model for orthopedics, neurology, and neurosurgery;
- Collaborate with colleagues at Regional Hospitals to promote regionalization in Brooklyn, Queens and Westchester;
- Provide analytic support for business planning and program development, including analyzing large datasets in Excel to help make complex decisions;
- Support the hospital business planning process related to physician recruitment and service development;
- Monitor program volume and raise anomalies with the service line directors;
- Utilize your strong project management skills to coordinate and staff monthly multidisciplinary meetings, bi-monthly leadership governance meetings, and other meetings as appropriate;
- Help develop strategies to address transformation in the healthcare landscape;
- Craft PowerPoint presentations for leadership;
- Assist with analytics for a CMS bundled payment program in orthopedics;
- Manage multiple contemporaneous projects, serving as the right-hand person on all projects for which the service line directors have responsibility.
Join us and expand your project management, administrative and analytical skills in a team-oriented environment that will recognize and reward your contributions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Health Administration or related field
- Five to seven years of previous work-related experience
- Strong project management skills
- Master’s degree in Business, Health Administration or related field
- Experience in hospital operations, financial management and/or strategic planning
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfort with managing multiple, contemporaneous projects
- High proficiency in Excel and data analysis
- Proficiency with PowerPoint
- Strong writing and communication skills
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.