Project Leader Information Technology - Access
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Drive Technological Advancementat New York’s #1 Hospital
Project Lead – Access
At NewYork-Presbyterian, our commitment to cutting-edge technology is crucial to the delivery of world-class care and caring. Employees throughout our organization rely on technological resources to perform as efficiently and effectively as possible. Now, we’re seeking an innovative leader like you to support the continuous advancement of our hospital’s technical capabilities in an award-winning environment – recently named one of “America’s Best Workplaces for IT” by Computerworld magazine.
Bring your talents to NewYork-Presbyterian to support projects focused on improving patient access within our organization. You will be teamed with a dynamic set of colleagues, working together to identify and address issues impacting patient access in the ambulatory clinic setting. Your role will be to analyze the current use of technologies and recommend enhancements to technology use that support patient access and other performance objectives.
- Works with ambulatory clinics to identify ways to integrate technology and systems into operations to achieve strategic and operational goals including patient access.
- Helps to ensure that technology is used appropriately and to the fullest extent possible.
- Analyzes and recommends enhancements to clinical processes using technology.
- Develops strategies and best practices to incorporate technology into daily use.
- Acts as a liaison between clinical and IT teams.
- Provides ongoing education on technology use.
- Develops, nurtures and maintains strong business relationships with leadership, medical and practice staff.
- Regularly assesses the use of new and existing technologies, and provides recommendations for improvement.
- Possesses a comprehensive knowledge of a wide range of technology related processes and systems.
- Has in-depth working knowledge of EPIC preferred.
Must possess the following personal qualities:
- Dedication to continuous improvement
- Ability to work with all levels of personnel
- Proven leadership ability
- People and process management expertise
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be self-directed
- Be flexible and committed to the team concept
- Demonstrate teamwork, initiative and willingness to learn
- Demonstrates customer service values
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field (or at least three years of equivalent experience)
- Working knowledge of Hospital outpatient workflow and business process
- Knowledge of Behavioral Health workflow and regulatory requirements a plus
- Familiarity with Cerner CommunityWorks (Millennium EMR) or other EMR systems such as Allscripts and Epic
- PMP Certification
- Minimum 3 years of previous work-related experience
- Willing to provide support during non-scheduled workday hours to ensure the operations of production systems in a 24 x 7 environment.
- Minimum of two years of Project Management experience
- Familiar with clinical work flow & medical administration
- Ability to interact with various clinicians and physicians
- System Design/Analysis
- Strong project management skills
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.