Project Cost Estimator
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Expand a World Class Medical Institution in a World Class City
Project Cost Estimator - Facilities Design & Construction Capital Technical Services
Step into the #1 hospital in New York (U.S. News & World Report, 2016-2017), where Facilities design professionals bring innovation and passion to our mission: Putting Patients First. Our organization represents one of America’s largest academic medical centers and your work will create state-of-the-art spaces that enhance our reputation as a destination for outstanding care. We invite you to Make It Possible.
In this role, you will be responsible for preparing cost estimates for Facilities Design & Construction projects based on the use of construction plans, industry knowledge and historical data. As needed, the Cost Estimator will collaborate with the PM in on-site review and management of assigned construction projects. The Project Cost Estimator will work with the Business Manager in maintaining a historical database of project costs, NYP design and construction standards.
- Professional Engineer (PE) or Registered Architect License (RA)
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineer, Facilities Management
- Minimum 7 years of experience I design/construction, facilities operation management
- Broad knowledge of Health Care Facility Guidelines (FGI) design and construction standards, processes, costs and implementation.
- Detail oriented with ability to focus on quality and accuracy; well organized
- Working knowledge of the facility and general operation’s in a health care environment.
- Ability to work collegially and in collaboration with internal facilities and external staff.
- Excellent leadership, personable, oral and written communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of industry practices, procedures and trends.
- Technical competency in utilizing on-screen take off software
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.