Program Director Research Science Value Institute
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Feel the Pride of Quality Management at Its Best
Program Director Research Science - Value Institute
Bring your talents to NewYork-Presbyterian, where data is driving our continued advancement as New York’s #1-ranked hospital. Working in the Value Institute at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center, you’ll be essential to improving care quality, bringing value to the hospital and ensuring a better tomorrow that creates an impact on the communities we serve. Find out how you can Make It Possible.
NewYork-Presbyterian’s unique relationship with two Ivy League medical schools—Columbia University’s College of Physicians and Surgeons and Weill Cornell Medicine—brings together world-class medical care with cutting edge biomedical research. The Research Scientist, Value Institute, will be responsible for developing and implementing a research agenda that advances and evaluates NYP's initiatives for enhancing healthcare value. Work closely with the leadership of the Division of Quality and Patient Safety at NYP, along with other key stakeholders, to identify projects that are most relevant to the institution and of interest to a national audience.
- Doctorate Degree in Medicine, Biomedical Informatics, Epidemiology, Computer Science, Data Science, Public Health, Economics, Biostatistics, Health Policy, Statistics, or Biometrics or equivalent experience
- Minimum three years research experience in managing and analyzing clinical data, and proven
expertise working with clinical and research information systems
- Graduate Degree in Medicine, Biomedical Informatics, Epidemiology, Computer Science, Data
Science, Public Health, Economics, Biostatistics, Health Policy, Statistics, or Biometrics
- Strong track record of publication in peer-reviewed journals
- Strong analytic skills and ability to use a variety of software tools such as R, SAS, SQL, MS Excel,
and MS Access
- Experience analyzing and interpreting data, maintaining and managing large datasets, ensuring the
integrity of the data
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to excel in team collaboration as well as in
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.