LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Setting Standards, Changing Lives
The mission of the office of Corporate Compliance is to cultivate a culture of Compliance and ethical behavior across NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.
The position will serve as the Privacy Officer for New York Presbyterian Hospital. Oversees all ongoing activities related to the development of standards, policies and procedures covering access to, patient health information in compliance with federal and state laws and NewYork-Presbyterian’s information privacy practice. Providing leadership and support to the New York Presbyterian Hospital’s Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and data protection functions. This position will manage the Privacy team, under the leadership of the Vice President of Internal Audit and Corporate Compliance & Chief Audit Executive.
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)
- Juris Doctor Degree (JD)
- Master’s degree
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college.
- An individual with a combination of the following background: Hospital Administration, Health Information Management, Information systems/technology, compliance, Legal, or related discipline.
- Certification in Healthcare Privacy Compliance – from HCCA, AHIMA or IAAP
- 15 years’ experience in relevant medical records, clinical, or Hospital Administration
- Strong knowledge of 45 Code of Federal Regulations, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), data security standards and requirements
- Extensive report writing experience and Policy & Procedure development experience
- Superior analytical, written, & oral communication skills with the ability to negotiate sensitive issues when needed
- Experience in a supervisory capacity and ability to direct and develop others
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.