New York, New York
Rotating (United States of America)
Physician Assistants at NYP: At the Leading Edge of New Transplant Technologies
Our achievements in transplantation are a major example of our leadership focus and our ability to implement innovative new techniques, with impressive survival rates that are well above the national average. For example, the first three-way kidney transplant in New York City and the first combined heart-liver transplant in the New York region were at NewYork-Presbyterian. Only a few such cases have been performed to date worldwide. Today, we continue to set global standards. If you are eager to work with the best professionals in the field, supported by the best resources, we have an opportunity for a dedicated Physician Assistant to work on the inpatient lung, kidney and liver transplant service.
Physician Assistant - Transplant – Rotating Nights - Columbia Campus
Our Physician Assistants practice as a cohesive team to ensure the care and caring of our patients and their families. Take front line responsibility for screening, diagnosis and treatment of reproductive conditions as part of a proud, patient-focused tradition. Provide the highest quality of care and manage inpatient lung, kidney and liver transplant patients. Manage all aspects of care including medicine, pre-op and post-op responsibilities. This role does not include operating room responsibilities.
Schedule includes 3-12.5 hour night shifts, including weekend and some holiday scheduling.
- The ideal candidate has at least one year of experience in transplant or inpatient medicine, but we will consider strong new grads who are passionate about transplant.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Physician Assistant studies
- Current NYS licensure
- NCCPA certification
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.