Physician Assistant - Transplant - Per Diem
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Rotating (United States of America)
Physician Assistants at NYP: At the Leading Edge of New Transplant Technologies
Our achievements in transplantation are a major example of our leadership focus and our ability to implement innovative new techniques, with impressive survival rates that are well above the national average. For example, the first three-way kidney transplant in New York City and the first combined heart-liver transplant in the New York region were at NewYork-Presbyterian. Only a few such cases have been performed to date worldwide. Today, we continue to set global standards. You can Make It Possible. If you are eager to work with the best professionals in the field, supported by the best resources, we have an opportunity for a dedicated Physician Assistant to work on the inpatient lung, kidney and liver transplant service. Join us.
Physician Assistant - Transplant – Per Diem
Our Physician Assistants practice as a cohesive team to ensure the care and caring of our patients and their families. You'll often hear our PA's refer to NewYork- Presbyterian as a PA-run institution. Take front line responsibility for screening, diagnosis and treatment of reproductive conditions as part of a proud, patient-focused tradition. Provide the highest quality of care and manage inpatient lung, kidney and liver transplant patients. Manage all aspects of care including medicine, pre-op and post-op responsibilities.This role does not include operating room responsibilities.
This is a per diem position and will work a minimum of 2 12.5 hour shifts per month. The ideal candidates should be flexible to work weekdays, weekends, days, nights, and holidays shifts.
- The ideal candidate has at least one year of experience in transplant or inpatient medicine, but we will consider strong new grads who are passionate about transplant
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Physician Assistant studies
- Current NYS licensure
- NCCPA certification
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.