Physician Assistant - Medicine Transition Team-PA Float Pool - Columbia Campus
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Rotating (United States of America)
Physician Assistant - Medicine Transition Team/PA Float Pool - Columbia Campus
Be the first to join a team from its inception. The Medicine Transition Team will initiate care and medically manage admitted patients in the Emergency Department, while awaiting an inpatient bed. As a member of this team you will provide care to patients with a wide range of illnesses which include but not limited to General Medicine, Cardiology and Oncology. As the primary provider you will be the first to begin and advance patient care. You will be challenged with providing step down level care when clinically indicated. As a Medicine Transition Team you will be cross-trained to provide inpatient care in the event there is a greater need for inpatient providers due to sick calls, leave of absences, and vacancies. Enjoy working in a fast paced environment with a large extended team and a great deal of autonomy.
Shift: Rotating: 7a-7:30p, 7p-7:30a including nights, weekends and holidays.
- At least two years of inpatient medicine experience
- Prior Emergency Medicine and/or Critical Care experience preferred
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program from recognized college or university (Master’s degree is preferred but isn’t a requirement)
- NYS licensure
- NCCPA certification
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2020-2021." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.