New York, New York
Rotating (United States of America)
PharmacyTechnician - Full Time - Alexandra Cohen Hospital for Women and Newborns - Multiple Positions & Shifts Available
The NewYork-Presbyterian Alexandra Cohen Hospital for Women and Newborns will be a leader in providing outstanding, compassionate, personalized care to pregnant women, newborn babies and their families. Scheduled to open in August 2020, the 222,000 square foot facility will occupy the top five-and-a-half floors of the NewYork-Presbyterian David H. Koch Center and will feature: 75 private rooms and well-baby bassinets, 60 private neonatal intensive care isolettes, 16 labor and delivery rooms, five operating rooms, 20 maternal critical assessment and treatment rooms, and 15 ultrasound rooms, which will offer state-of-the-art visualization. It is set to be the first facility in New York City to have MRI capabilities and an operating room in its neonatal intensive care unit.
At the NewYork-Presbyterian Alexandra Cohen Hospital for Women and Newborns, you’ll find a patient-focused, engaging, and supportive environment. Help our licensed pharmacists provide carefully prepared medications and high-quality care to our smallest patients and their mothers. Advocate for patient safety as part of an empowered team by adhering to stringent standards. Update the patient census using Omnicell pharmacy inventory automation systems. Utilize sterile and non-sterile compounding skills to prepare medication and IVs. Assist with the training of students, interns and new technicians. Many of our pharmacy techs go on to become licensed pharmacists within our hospital. Pursue this extraordinary opportunity to learn, grow and achieve alongside some of the most respected professionals in the field.
- PTCB Certification
- Experience utilizing Omnicell pharmacy inventory automation systems
- Chemo or IV compounding experience
- 2 years of experience as a Pharmacy Technician in a hospital environment
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1 year experience as a Pharmacy Technician in a hospital or retail environment
- Strong commitment to providing an outstanding patient experience
Join us at NYP’s newest state-of-the-art facility and make a difference in the lives of our patients as you build a rewarding career.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.