Pharmacy Operations Manager – Controlled Substances and Perioperative Services
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Other Hospitals Use Advanced Pharmacy Practices -
We Create Them
Pharmacy Operations Manager – Controlled Substances and PerioperativeServices
Pharmacists, experience the forefront of our evolving discipline. Go beyond dispensation to defining national standards within the #1 hospital in New York (U.S. News & World Report, 2018-2019). Here, you are directly involved in setting the strategic direction of our organization. We’re making major contributions to patient care every day. Now, you can Make It Possible.
Explore this unique role as a Pharmacy Operations Manager and help evolve the effectiveness of world-class care. Develop operational practices and manage staff at the Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital campus. Join us, and work closely with world-renowned physicians, nurses and scientists. Help train the next generation of talented healthcare professionals through ACPE-accredited programs as well as preceptorships for pharmacy students.
We are seeking an experienced candidate to manage the overall handling, dispensing and monitoring of controlled substances and anti-diversion programs for the Pharmacy. Use your innovative leadership skills to develop programs, conduct audits and inspections, analyze and report out on regulatory data, and ensure compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines including FDA, EPA, OSHA and the DEA. In in depth knowledge of DEA compliance is required for this role, as you will be charged with reviewing and signing off on deviations as they relate to DEA activities, approving change controls and master data requests, and distributing DEA 222 forms on an as needed basis. Additionally, you will oversee the Operating Room Pharmacy Satellite.
Bring an innovative, patient focused approach and apply today!
- 3 years of experience as a pharmacist in a hospital setting
- Completion of a PGY1 or PGY2 Residency
- Strong analytical and data base management skills (Ex. Access, Excel)
- Experience as a Pharmacist in a hospital environment
- Management experience in a hospital or union setting strongly preferred
- Experience with automated dispensing cabinets, pharmacy clinical systems and prescriber order entry systems
- Working knowledge of EPIC
- Masters of Science in Pharmacy, Masters of Business Administration or a Master’s in Public Health
- Completion of a Bachelor of Science degree in Pharmacy or PharmD
- New York State Pharmacy License or eligibility to obtain license within 3 months.
- Regulatory compliance experience pertaining to controlled substance pharmaceuticals
- An in-depth of understanding of retail pharmacy operations, controlled substance regulations and anti-diversion programs
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.