Perfusionist Apprentice to Full Time Perfusionist Role- Days - NYP-Weill Cornell Medical Center
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Discover Where Amazing Works
Perfusionist Apprentice - Days
Step into the Perfusion Department at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center and be a catalyst for life-saving clinical care. Our Perfusionist are a team to be known by many as one of the best perfusion school sites in the country, and it is recognized around the world for its innovative techniques—many of which have been peer-reviewed and published in major journals.
In this role you will assist in the execution of various protocols related to the safe and effective administration of Clinical Perfusion within the operating room. You will work under the supervision of a licensed Perfusionist at all times to perform all tasks as directed by Chief Perfusionist. Maintain patients’ circulatory and pulmonary function while on cardiopulmonary arrest by means of the heart-lung machine. Communicate with surgeon-in-charge regarding planned operation and management of the patient while on cardiopulmonary bypass. Monitor and carry out procedures necessary for maintaining equilibrium of patients’ hemodynamic, fluid and electrolyte balance. Assist with maintaining all equipment used in extracorporeal circulation. Assist surgeon in evaluating result of corrective surgery by setting up, measuring and recording equipment. Perform ancillary duties, such as cell saving, ECMO, VAD, plasma saving, heart transplants and IABP, etc.
This is a Days position working primarily 7:00am - 3:00pm, with overnight on-call responsibilities for emergency coverage. ***This position would provide you with a guaranteed Fulltime Perfusionist position upon completion.***
- Minimum of one year experience in hospital or biological laboratory utilizing above field of knowledge in clinical practice
- Bachelor's Degree and enrolled in an accredited school of Cardiovascular Perfusion and completed the case requirements to sit for the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion Board Examination
- American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusionists Certification within one year of post-fellowship employment
- Must obtain NYS Perfusion license within one year of post-fellowship employment
- Knowledge of Perfusion Operation/Cell Saver Equipment
- Knowledge of Lab Dispatch and Retrieval
- Knowledge of basic principles of perfusion technique, aseptic techniques (microbiology), surgical technique (anatomy), organic chemistry (physiology), pharmacology (of cardiac drugs), metric system, physics, and electronics
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
- Discover why at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
It all begins with you. Our amazing compensation packages start with competitive base pay and include recognition for your experience, education, and licensure. Then we add our amazing benefits, countless opportunities for personal and professional growth and a dynamic environment that embraces every person. Join our team and discover where amazing works.