Perfusionist Apprentice - Days
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Life-Saving Clinical Care: Perfusionists Make It Possible
Perfusionist Apprentice - Days
Step into the Perfusion Department at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center and be a catalyst for life-saving clinical care. Our Perfusionist are a team to be known by many as one of the best perfusion school sites in the country, and it is recognized around the world for its innovative techniques—many of which have been peer-reviewed and published in major journals.
In this role you will assist in the execution of various protocols related to the safe and effective administration of Clinical Perfusion within the operating room. You will work under the supervision of a licensed Perfusionist at all times to perform all tasks as directed by Chief Perfusionist. Maintain patients’ circulatory and pulmonary function while on cardiopulmonary arrest by means of the heart-lung machine. Communicate with surgeon-in-charge regarding planned operation and management of the patient while on cardiopulmonary bypass. Monitor and carry out procedures necessary for maintaining equilibrium of patients’ hemodynamic, fluid and electrolyte balance. Assist with maintaining all equipment used in extracorporeal circulation. Assist surgeon in evaluating result of corrective surgery by setting up, measuring and recording equipment. Perform ancillary duties, such as cell saving, ECMO, VAD, plasma saving and IABP, etc.
This is a Days position working primarily 7:00am - 3:00pm, with overnight on-call responsibilities for emergency coverage.
- Minimum of one year experience in hospital or biological laboratory utilizing above field of knowledge in clinical practice
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field from a recognized college or university, or Bachelor's Degree and enrolled in an accredited school of Cardiovascular Perfusion and completed the case requirements to sit for the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion Board Examination
- American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusionists Certification within one year of post-fellowship employment
- Must obtain NYS Perfusion license within one year of post-fellowship employment
- Knowledge of Perfusion Operation/Cell Saver Equipment
- Knowledge of Lab Dispatch and Retrieval
- Knowledge of basic principles of perfusion technique, aseptic techniques (microbiology), surgical technique (anatomy), organic chemistry (physiology), pharmacology (of cardiac drugs), metric system, physics, and electronics
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.