Per Diem-Staff Nurse - Peds ED - Nights
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day Flex (United States of America)
At NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, Emergency Department (ED) nursing is a moment-to-moment, career-transforming experience. Here, ED nurses independently assess conditions and rapidly arrange multidisciplinary care. From hi-tech intervention to community trauma care, our nurses identify challenges, comfort families and organize teams when every second counts.
As a designated 911 receiving hospital, our facilities include Level I Trauma Centers for both adult and pediatric patients, a Psychiatric Emergency Receiving Center, a citywide Burn Center and more. We recently broke ground on the state-of-the-art Steven and Alexis Cohen Pediatric Emergency Department, and completed expansion of the NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center Emergency Department. Across all campuses, our nurses collaborate with paramedics, physicians and others to use induced hypothermia to digital radiology and other novel techniques. With each innovation, we’re impacting the future of emergency medical care.
Here, patient AND employee satisfaction scores are at record highs. Flexible scheduling, collegial respect, and shared governance continue to attract top nursing professionals. Find out how you can help Make It Possible in this specialty:
Staff Nurse - Per Diem - Pediatric Emergency Room
- At least 1 year of acute care RN experience in the pediatric or adult emergency department
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- At least 1 year of acute care RN experience in the pediatric or adult ED, PICU, NICU, pediatric medical/surgical or pediatric cardiology
- Current New York State RN license (or willingness to obtain)
- BCLS certification
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2018 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.