Per Diem, Speech Language Pathologist - Pediatrics-NICU
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day Flex (United States of America)
Life-Changing Speech Therapy:
Speech-Language Pathologists Make It Possible
Per Diem Speech Language Pathologist – Pediatrics/NICU
At NewYork-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital, our Speech-Language Pathologists help pediatric patients experiencing serious impairments to connect with the world around them. Our tremendous team provides the expertise patients need to flourish in the areas of swallowing and communication. Now, you can become one of the people who Make It Possible.
In this dynamic role, you will evaluate and treat medically complex pediatric patients from birth to 21 years of age with feeding/swallowing disorders on the acute care floors. Leveraging your extensive clinical competencies and experience, you will care for critically ill patients in our Cardiac Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and our Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Work collaboratively with members of the multidisciplinary care team to provide exceptional care.
This is a per-diem position. Primary coverage days are Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays. Holiday coverage twice a year is required. Additional weekday availability is preferred.
· Experience evaluating/treating pediatric feeding and swallowing
· Competency in Modified Barium Swallow Studies with pediatrics
· Experience working in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
· Experience working with Trach/Vent patients
· Experience working with complicated cardiac, GI and ENT diagnoses
· Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology
· Certification by the American Speech and Hearing Association
· New York State Licensure in Speech-Language Pathology
· Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
· 2+ years’ experience with pediatric patients in an acute care setting
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
- Discover why at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
It all begins with you. Our amazing compensation packages start with competitive base pay and include recognition for your experience, education, and licensure. Then we add our amazing benefits, countless opportunities for personal and professional growth and a dynamic environment that embraces every person. Join our team and discover where amazing works.