Per Diem-Care Coordinator RN - House Float -Weill Cornell
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Weekends (United States of America)
Feel the Pulse of Amazing Things Happening Here
Per Diem Care Coordinator RN - House Float -Days -Weill Cornell
Across NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center, Care Coordinators are the guardians of continuity of care; they are the skilled clinicians leading the full spectrum of patient care, from pre-admission to discharge while ensuring quality outcomes. As a Care Coordinator at NewYork-Presbyterian, you'll serve as a highly valued and respected leader from day one, empowered to make amazing things happen for our patients and their families. Step into a culture of autonomy, pride, compassion and expertise, and help us build on our success as New York's #1-ranked hospital (U.S.News World Report).
You will float to all In-Patient Units including ICU;s and ED. You will manage cases and serve as a strong and knowledgeable liaison between acute care and critical care teams, coordinating the efforts of social workers, feeding specialists, PTs, OTs, and the medical team– all in support of our young patients and their families. Direct all aspects of inpatient care, ensuring optimal length of stay. Anticipate outpatient service needs, setting appointments and consultations prior to discharge. We’re seeking a change-agent—someone with the drive, tenacity and leadership necessary to advance nursing practice at one of the world’s most respected university medical centers.
This is a weekend position days
Must be able to work four weekend shifts each month
Must be able to attend an orientation program during the week
- 2 years' of case management/care coordination experience in an inpatient, HMO, insurance, or other outpatient settings
- 1 year of leadership experience in a healthcare setting
- Master's Degree in healthcare related field
- Bachelors degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Current NYS Registered Nurse (RN) licensure
- 3 to 5 years of health care experience in an acute care setting
- Superior communication demonstrated problem solving skills, strong business acumen, and interpersonal skills are critical
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.