Patient Facilitator - Bilingual Mandarin or Cantonese - 10:00AM - 6:00PM
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Description:Best in Care and Caring:
Make It Possible at NewYork-Presbyterian
Patient Facilitator - Bilingual Mandarin or Catonese
Bring your talents to NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital—the singular source of advanced health care for the 600,000 New Yorkers who live and work south of 14th Street. Here, we deliver a wide range of resources and support to help ensure an extraordinary experience for everyone we serve. Now, you can help Make It Possible.
In this highly visible role you will visit all patients and their families and serve as their advocate as we fulfill the mission of putting patients first. You will promote patient rights, identify and address issues and concerns and serve as a key liaison between our patients, families and staff. You will work collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team to ensure the highest quality of compassionate care to provide the best possible positive patient/family experience.
This is a full-time day position. The shift - 10:00AM - 6:00PM
- Strong customer service skills
- Experience as a Chinese/English medical interpreter
- Fluent in Mandarin and/or Cantonese
- Experience in a healthcare setting, preferably hospital
- Proof of at least 40 hours of professional training in Medical Interpretation from an approved program, or Certificate of completion from an approved continuing education program, or completion of an approved nationally recognized language proficiency assessment, or certification from either the National Board of Certification for Medical Interpreters, or The Certification Commission for Healthcare Interpreters
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.