Patient Care Director
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Leadership That Inspires Excellence:
Patient Care Directors Make It Possible
Patient Care Director - RN Infectious Disease Unit NYP/Columbia
Advance your career as a Patient Care Director at a Magnet designated major academic medical center , which is ranked #5 in the US and #1 in New York State by U.S. News and World Report. Join this world-renowned medical center to provide direction for the provision for compassionate and evidence based care to patients and their and families representing all medical infectious disease specialties. Use your nursing expertise ; compassion and empathy to direct 57 highly engaged staff . Work closely with world-respected physicians, nurses and scientists. Help deliver statistically Amazing outcomes..
Manage the all aspects and daily operations of this clinically complex unit. Maintain an autonomous environment that inspires nurses to reach their full potential. Mentor and evaluate staff and inspire their continued professional growth. Drive strategic initiatives that shape the future of emergency care and align with hospital wide goals. Regularly assess unit operations and identify process improvement to enhance the patient experience. Assume front line responsibility for unit's fiscal performance, resource allocation, scheduling, staff evaluation and patient care delivery on a 24-hour basis.
- Five years of leadership experience t within a large academic medical center
- Demonstrated leadership in leading unit development
- Experience with union environments
- NEA certification
- Experience working in a Magnet designated hospital
- At least three years of acute care hospital experience
- Two years of progressive leadership experience
- Master's degree in Nursing (MSN)
- Current NYS RN licensure
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.