Patient Care Director
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Leadership That Inspires Excellence:
Patient Care Directors Make It Possible
Patient Care Director - RN – Bone Marrow Transplant
Advance your career as a Patient Care Director within the Nursing Department at New York-Presbyterian/ Columbia University Irving Medical Center , which is ranked #1 hospital in the tri-state area and #5 in the US by U.S. News and World Report. Care for families representing all surgical sub-specialties, and rely on our dedicated nurse's expertise. Work closely with world-respected physicians, nurses and scientists. Help deliver statistically Amazing outcomes. Educate colleagues and Ivy League students, and discover your chance to thrive on the highest level.
Manage the all aspects and daily operations of a Bone Marrow Transplant unit . Use your knowledge of the ONS standards and leadership skills to maintain an autonomous environment that inspires nurses to reach their full potential. Mentor and evaluate staff and inspire their continued professional growth. Drive strategic initiatives that shape the future of Oncology care and align with hospital wide goals. Regularly assess unit operations and identify process improvement to enhance the patient experience. Assume front line responsibility for unit's fiscal performance, resource allocation, scheduling, staff evaluation and patient care delivery on a 24-hour basis.
- Five years of leadership experience in an emergency department within a large academic medical center
- Demonstrated leadership in leading unit development
- Experience with union environments
- NEA certification
- Knowledge of Shared Governance and the Magnet program
- At least three years of acute care RN experience
- Leadership experience as an assistant manager or regular charge nurse
- Master's degree
- Current NYS RN licensure
- BLS certification
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.