Patient Care Director
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Leadership That Inspires Excellence:
Patient Care Directors Make It Possible
Patient Care Director - RN – Surgical Unit
Advance your career as a Patient Care Director within the Nursing Department at New York-Presbyterian/ Columbia University Irving Medical Center , which is ranked #1 hospital in the tri-state area by U.S. News and World Report. Care for families representing all surgical sub-specialties, and rely on our dedicated nurse's expertise. Work closely with world-respected physicians, nurses and scientists. Help deliver statistically Amazing outcomes. Educate colleagues and Ivy League students, and discover your chance to thrive on the highest level.
Manage the all aspects and daily operations of a Surgical Unit . Maintain an autonomous environment that inspires nurses to reach their full potential. Mentor and evaluate staff and inspire their continued professional growth. Drive strategic initiatives that shape the future of emergency care and align with hospital wide goals. Regularly assess unit operations and identify process improvement to enhance the patient experience. Assume front line responsibility for unit's fiscal performance, resource allocation, scheduling, staff evaluation and patient care delivery on a 24-hour basis.
- Five years of leadership experience in an emergency department within a large academic medical center
- Demonstrated leadership in leading unit development
- Experience with union environments
- NEA certification
- Knowledge of Shared Governance and the Magnet program
- At least three years of acute care RN experience
- Four years of leadership experience
- Master's degree
- Current NYS RN licensure (or willingness to obtain within 3 months)
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2018 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.