Patient Care Director - RN – Medicine Pulmonary SDU - Days
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Inspirational Leadership, Compassionate Care: Nursing Leaders Make It Possible
Patient Care Director / Nurse Manager – RN – Medicine Pulmonary SDU - Days
Practice the art and science of evidence-based nursing at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, the #1 hospital in New York, and lead the charge in improving the patient care experience as a transformational nurse leader.Our case mix index is one of the highest, yet our measured outcomes are among the best in the nation. Together, we use our brains and hearts to provide the highest level of care imaginable. In the process, experience all the reasons we entered our noble field.
As a Patient Care Director, Take the next step and impact the field of nursing alongside the world’s finest healthcare professionals at our Magnet® designated institution. You will guide this fast paced unit in delivering high-quality care to patients in the Medical Stepdown at NYP/Weill Cornell Medical Center. Help mentor new staff and inspire at team of nearly 30 per shift to maintain the units above average patient and employee satisfaction ratings. This role collaborates with all levels of leadership to facilitate efficient, cost-effective unit operations. where skilled nursing professionals are the heart of our hospital-wide mission of Putting Patients First. You’ll work with the brightest minds in healthcare to make tomorrow better for countless human beings. Inspire nurses to reach their full potential, and work closely with seasoned leaders who will help you reach yours. Be a strong leader in providing high quality innovative care. Assume front line responsibility for fiscal performance, resource allocation, scheduling, staff evaluation and patient care delivery on a 24-hour basis.
- American Nurses Credentialing Center approved national board Certification
- Demonstrated leadership experience within a large academic medical center
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) or health related field
- Current NYS RN licensure
- At least 2 years of management experience
- At least 3 years of clinical experience
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
- Discover why at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
It all begins with you. Our amazing compensation packages start with competitive base pay and include recognition for your experience, education, and licensure. Then we add our amazing benefits, countless opportunities for personal and professional growth and a dynamic environment that embraces every person. Join our team and discover where amazing works.