Patient Care Director - Pediatric ICU
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Drive Pediatric Critical Care in a World Class Organization
Patient Care Director – RN – Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
Join NewYork-Presbyterian (NYP) Komansky Children’s Hospital, New York’s #1-ranked children’s hospital (U.S.News & World Report), and be a catalyst for world-class pediatric critical care. Komansky Children’s Hospital, ranked as the top hospital in New York by the U.S.News & World Report listing of “America's Best Children's Hospitals,” in 9 out of 10 specialties.
Nurses at the Komansky Children’s Hospital provide excellent patient and family-centered care. Our team of engaged pediatric critical care nurses hold a range of certifications in their respective areas of clinical practice. Our highly advanced medical care includes, but is not limited to Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO), critical care needs of burn patients, and continuous video EEG monitoring in addition to the standard patients admitted to the PICU and Stepdown unit. These services enhance the clinical autonomy of our nurses making the Komansky Children’s Hospital a center of excellence for pediatric critical care. Together, we integrate clinical expertise, technology, and science to improve outcomes.
At Komansky Children’s Hospital, our goal is to recruit top leadership talent with transformational leadership abilities to continue to drive the success of our Pediatric critical care services. Be part of a team that fosters life-long learning through an ongoing commitment to the professional development of nurses. Recruit and retain top talent to advance nursing excellence. Optimize the patient care experience through your commitment to collaborating with patients and families. Lead the daily operations of pediatric critical care, demonstrating strong fiscal knowledge and responsibility. Promote a culture of nurse engagement, accountability, and teamwork aligning clinical and strategic initiatives focused on improving quality and patient safety. Manage staffing, scheduling and the budgeting process. Join the NYP Komansky Children’s Hospital where innovation and inspiration drive empirical outcomes.
- At least three years of management experience within a large academic medical center
- Experience in a pediatric intensive care unit (PICU)
- Master's degree in a health related field
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Current NYS RN licensure (or willingness to obtain within 3 months)
- Three years of clinical experience in a pediatric unit
- Demonstrated leadership competencies
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.