Patient Care Director-Nurse Manager - RN - Pediatric ED - Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Leadership That Inspires Excellence:
Patient Care Directors
Patient Care Director/Nurse Manager - RN – Pediatric Emergency Department - NYP/Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital
Advance your career as a Patient Care Director within the Pediatric Emergency Department at New York-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital, which is ranked #1 hospital in the tri-state area by U.S. News and World Report. Join this world-renown and state designated Level I Trauma Center caring for nearly 50,000 children per year. We care for children and families representing all pediatric sub-specialties, and rely on our dedicated nurse's expertise. Work closely with world-respected physicians, nurses and scientists. Help deliver statistically Amazing outcomes. Educate colleagues and Ivy League students, and discover your chance to thrive on the highest level.
Manage the all aspects and daily operations of emergency care at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital. Maintain an autonomous environment that inspires nurses to reach their full potential. Mentor and evaluate over 100 FTEs and inspire their continued professional growth. Drive strategic initiatives that shape the future of emergency care and align with hospital wide goals. Regularly assess unit operations and identify process improvement to enhance the patient experience. Assume front line responsibility for unit's fiscal performance, resource allocation, scheduling, staff evaluation and patient care delivery on a 24-hour basis.
- One year of supervisory/leadership experience in an emergency department within a large academic medical center
- Demonstrated leadership in leading unit development
- At least three years of acute care ED experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Master's degree in Nursing (MSN)
- Current NYS RN licensure (or willingness to obtain within 3 months)
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.