Patient Care Director Medical Surgical Oncology Days
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Inspirational Leadership, Compassionate Care: Nursing Leaders
Life-Saving Cancer Treatment: Nurse Leaders Make It Possible
Patient Care Director – RN – 10 North Medical Surgical Oncology
At NewYork-Presbyterian, oncology nurses are at the forefront of a bold new era in compassionate care. Our bone marrow transplant unit at NYP Weill Cornell Medical Center houses patients with hematologicalmalignancies and many other conditions, we see the widest variety of cases from around the world. Our Patient Care Director is responsible for the management of clinical nursing practice, staff recruitment and retention, performance evaluation, supply chain and budget, quality improvement and internal and external regulatory survey requirements. The Patient Care Director collaborates with members of the interdisciplinary team and multiple professionals to support the coordination and management of exceptional patient care. Our collaborative team approach and patient centered nursing philosophy translates to better patient outcomes. We offer the finest resources, and are inspired by the lives we touch. Behind every patient success story - before every clinical breakthrough - stands the unparalleled team of professionals at New York's #1 Hospital. Be one of the leaders who make it possible.
Join us on our journey to magnet while transforming your career as a Patient Care Director, managing all aspects of care delivery for oncology care. Work closely with award-winning nursing professionals and board-certified physicians to foster a premier environment.
From town hall gatherings to huddles, rounds and meetings, you’ll regularly gather staff perspectives. As you guide independent thinking and patient-focused compassion, you’ll also access multiple opportunities for research – as well as Nursing Leadership Incentive Compensation Plans that reward your contributions. Enjoy a multidisciplinary approach that unites nurses, surgeons, pharmacists, dietitians, radiation oncologists and social workers to achieve the most for patients. Employee and patient satisfaction scores are at our highest levels ever—and your leadership will spark continued achievement.
- American Nurses Credentialing Center approved national board Certification
- Demonstrated leadership experience within a large academic medical center
- At least 2 years of management experience
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) or health related field
- Current NYS RN licensure or willingness to obtain
- At least 3 years of clinical experience
- Proven nursing leadership experience, with a proactive approach to management, mentoring, team building and strategic planning.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.