Patient Care Director- Adult Psychiatry
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Inspirational Leadership, Compassionate Care: Nursing Leaders Make It Possible
Patient Care Director / Nurse Manager – RN – Psychiatry
As New York’s #1-ranked hospital (U.S.News & World Report), NewYork-Presbyterian is focused on excellence throughout every stage of care. Talented leaders like you build on our success each day by engaging staff, driving improvements, and ensuring a positive experience for everyone we serve. Now, you can Make It Possible at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center.
In this role, you'll oversee the daily clinical operations of an inpatient behavior health and extended observation unit. Seize this opportunity to become a transformational leader via shared governance, on our Magnet journey. Mentor, supervise and evaluate the team to reach their full potential and inspire continued professional growth. Develop and manage budgets, resource allocation and scheduling. Regularly assess unit operations and identify process improvements to enhance the patient experience.
You’ll also partner with our senior leaders who encourage and support continuous growth in a collaborative environment. Excel as a change agent, and advance initiatives focused on enhancing quality and performance throughout the unit for a variety of patients, ranging from adult to pediatric. Make a footprint in your career and lead our path to explore new and innovative surgical procedures.
This is a full time Monday through Friday, day flex positionat NewYork-Presbyterian/ Weill Cornell.
- 3-5 years of leadership and collaborative experience
- Strong business acumen and communication
- RN with Medical background
- Regulatory and quality knowledge
- At least 3 years of RN experience in Psychiatric Nursing
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or related field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Current New York State RN license
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.