Patient Care Coordinator - Rehabilitation Department - Columbia University Irving Medical Center
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Patient Care Coordinator - Rehabilitation
Across NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center, Patient Care Coordinators are the guardians of continuity of care; they are the skilled clinicians leading the full spectrum of patient care, from pre-admission to discharge while ensuring quality outcomes. As a Patient Care Coordinator at NewYork-Presbyterian, you'll serve as a highly valued and respected leader from day one, empowered to make amazing things happen for our patients and their families. Step into a culture of autonomy, pride, compassion and expertise, and help us build on our success as New York's #1-ranked hospital (U.S.News World Report).
You'll work closely with the interdisciplinary team. Coordinate the process and procedures of PPS Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility - Patient Assessment Instrument (IRF-PAI) data while providing regular training for all staff on proper scoring of IRF-PAI. Develop quality improvement programs for the Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit and facilitate correspondence of letter and discharge summary to physicians.
We’re seeking a change-agent—someone with the drive, tenacity and leadership necessary to advance the Rehab Medicine Department at one of the world’s most respected university medical centers.
This is a full time days shift position working Monday - Friday from 8:30am - 4:30pm at NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Medical Center.
• At least 2 years of experience with an inpatient rehab population
• Previous experience working in a hospital setting
• Previous experience with medicaid and medicare arrangements
• Bachelor's degree in a Rehabilitation Therapy specialty, Nursing, or Master's degree in Social Work
• Current NYS Licensed Social Worker, Rehabilitation professional, Registered Nurse or national certification as a rehabilitation professional
• At least 2 years of clinical experience
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.