Oncology Nurse Navigator - Access Nurse - RN - Gastrointestinal (GI)
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Oncology Nurse Navigator / Access Nurse - RN - Gastrointestinal (GI)
Take your career in oncology to the next level with New York’s #1-ranked hospital (U.S.News & World Report). The NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Meyer Cancer Center is looking to hire experienced oncology nurses to care for our newly diagnosed GI cancer patients. Whether patients are seeking a second opinion or are looking for a place to receive treatment, the oncology outpatient access nurses are integral to welcoming patients with open arms.
In this role, you will be working with newly diagnosed Gastrointestinal (GI) cancer patients. You will partner with the physician team to identify patients who are appropriate for multidisciplinary clinic. You will help patients to feel empowered by educating them on the care experience at NYP/WC. You will partner with the administrative team to ensure that patients’ first visits are productive through complete record collection and care coordination. Join a team that is transforming the way we care for cancer patients at NYP/WC.
This is a full time position working 5 days per week, Monday - Friday.
- Experience working in a practice
- Outpatient oncology experience
- Gastrointestinal (GI) oncology experience
- Certification in Oncology Nursing (OCN)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Current New York State RN license
- At least 2 years’ of experience in oncology nursing
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.