Nurse's Aide - Evenings - Gracie Square Hospital
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Evening (United States of America)
Be an Advocate, a Care Taker, a Friend to Patients.
Nurse's Aide - Full Time - Evenings - Gracie Square Hospital
At Gracie Square Hospital, now is an exciting time of growth and change, providing numerous opportunities to make a big impact on both our future and yours. As a member of the NewYork-Presbyterian Regional Hospital Network, we are now experiencing a period of extraordinary transformation and revitalization. We have an unwavering commitment to excellence and are always looking for ways to improve. Our dedication drives our success as New York City’s premier provider of inpatient behavioral health services.
In this role, the Nurse's Aide thrives at the bedside as invaluable care providers. Collaboratively they are part of a team that serves as critical points of contact for patients and their families. The Nurse’s Aide complements the nursing process by assisting in the individualized care of patients.
Essential Job Duties
1. Observes patient’s physical, emotional and social behaviors; reports observations to Registered Nurse or appropriate others. Documents patient observations in accordance with established procedures.
2. Demonstrates accuracy in performing: Maximum Observation, observation checks, escorting, counting sharps, body searches, room searches, meal supervision.
3. Maintains therapeutic relationship with patients which includes to effectively intervene with the anxious patient and to demonstrate safe and effective implementation of the nursing process with the agitated patient.
4. Promptly assists staff in responding to patient emergencies as directed (e.g. restraining patients). Documents self- injury reports in accordance with established procedures.
5. Performs housekeeping duties in order to maintain work and living environment in a clean and orderly fashion.
6. Identifies safety features on unit: fire alarms, procedure for fire, fire extinguisher. Maintains patient safety by removing potentially harmful objects.
7. Implements the nursing care plan and performs limited nursing procedures as directed by Registered Nurse. Reports clinical issues to charge nurse.
8. Accurately takes and records vital signs.
9. Participates in admission procedure. Participates in discharge procedure.
10. Orients patients regarding unit policies and procedures, and assists with activities of daily living (ADL), including physically dependent and medically ill patients. Oversees patients during recreational activities and accompanies patients to community activities and other settings as needed.
11. Greets patients, visitors and employees in a courteous manner. Answers telephones promptly in a clear and courteous manner. Identifies self to patients and visitors by name and department. Takes and relays messages and provides routine information. Responds to inquiries politely and promptly. Refers matters outside scope of own duties to appropriate others as necessary, keeping patients and visitors informed as needed.
12. Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least one year of experience as a certified nurses aid.
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Certificate
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.