LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Transform the Patient Experience
Family or Pediatric Nurse Practitioner – NP JFK High School School Based Clinic
Thrive at the forefront of top-notch nursing with New York’s #1-ranked hospital. As an essential part of our Ambulatory Care Network (ACN), you’ll help lead a telephone triage center operated by a dynamic team of nurses. It’s a new initiative focused on improving call management, increasing access to care, and reducing patient wait times. Pursue this unprecedented opportunity to pioneer change within our world-renowned practice, and feel the pride of Making It Possible.
Use your two plus years experience as a Pediatric or FNP with School Based Health Center & reproductive health experience to manage care, medications & supplies at this single Provider site. Able to work & make decisions independently, problem solve; lead others & share innovative ideas. Great communication & organizational skills.
The School Based Health Center (SBHC) Practice provides comprehensive physical examinations, first aid, immunizations, and management of chronic conditions; as well health education; adolescent pregnancy prevention services and education; HIV and STI education, counseling and testing; mental health services.
SBHC services are coordinated with the students, their parents, family physicians, and other community- based providers 12 months/year
2 years minimum School Based or Adolescent Ambulatory Care experience
This is a 8:30 am – 5 pm full time, day shift position for 12 months/year
- Master’s degree or DNP PNP or FNP
- NYS licensure
- Bilingual - English and Spanish
- Minimum of two years NP experience
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and triage skills
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.